To be honest...we knew this little one was "our child" from nearly the moment we met her:) In fact, we started the paperwork the following day.
So many of you are already connected to "Bo Peep" because you have been praying faithfully for her. She is loved by many and is spiritually connected to you! We are excited, nervous, and even a little scared, but mostly ECSTATIC!!! Today is the "one week" mark and today was the BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!
We have discovered her FAVORITE activity is the slide. She climbs the stairs (with her favorite toy in hand) and slides down to Daddy. Daddy throws her in the air and she laughs and laughs!!Then she RUNS back to the stairs for more...nearly 30 minutes! She must be sleeping soundly tonight:):)
Here are some highlights of our week anniversary together:
* "Bo Peep" created her own game with a car she built with Legos
* She clapped!!
* She signed "more" and "thank you"
* She gives high fives with a solid slap!
* SHE began the game of "chase me around and catch me" (it was so, so fun...it was like we were in a movie, all rolling around in the dirt and grass and laughing 'til we couldn't breath! Priceless moments and loving every minute of it;)
* She initiated hugs with Mommy and Daddy
* "Bo Peep" saw Mommy and Daddy in pictures then pointed to us
* The BEST part...she spoke!!! She "spoke" about 10 times and called me Mama twice!!!:) YES! YES! YES!
PRAISE GOD...I've been praying all week for moments such as these! I am praying that she would recognize us and be excited to be with us. I am praying for her to initiate and interact with us. I am praying for verbal communication. I am praying for her health and continuted progress. I am praying for a QUICK court date with the "good" judge. Tomorrow we should know...
I can't believe how this story is unfolding...awesome!
|First day with Daddy!|
|I just look at her and laugh! She cracks me up!!!|
|Our "lil monkey" loves bananas!!!|
|The sun keeps getting in her eyes...we are looking for baby sunglasses but don't want to pay $15 for baby sunglasses...I hope that doesn't make me a bad mom already:)|
|Best picture yet...Daddy in one hand, monkey tail in the other:)|
|Playing in the sand! She is starting to play the "drums" with her sand tools and making "rattles" with rocks!|
|Our little woman:) So tiny!|