Well, we got a call that will change our life...we travel to Ukraine on Saturday, April 9th for our appointment date in Kiev on April 12th!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:) Here we go!
Many of you have asked how the process works...here it is:
1. Meet with our coordinator/lawyer in Kiev and look through files that match our paperwork and criteria. Our paperwork includes correctable special needs children under the age of six.
2. If we agree to meet a child presented to us that day, we will get an appointment with the orphange and may travel that day to meet the child via train, car, or sometimes a small plane.
3. If we do not feel a child will fit into our family, we have the option to decline meeting any children and wait up to two days to view different files.
4. Once we meet the child, we are told we can spend several days before making a decision to adopt. Our prayer is that we will recognize our child as soon as we meet him or her!
5. Then, paper-pushing begins...it takes 14-15 days before we can get a court date.
6. During this time we can visit the orphanage two times a day...once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
7. After the court date, there is a 10 day waiting period before we can apply for the Visa.
8. On rare occassions, the 10 day waiting period is waved.
9. We apply for the Visa and it takes 1-4 days.
10. We come home!
Thank you for all your support and prayers...we are so grateful for everyone's interest in this process and we look forward to sending you pictures and videos of this process!!!:)
Todd and Alicia