What time is it in Ukraine?

Ukraine

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

Phil 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".  


This has been a challenging week with a bunch of little things adding up to one big thing.  Busyness leads to sleeplessness which leads to weepiness which leads to failing to pay attention to detail.


Mistake one:  Intentionally slept late to catch up on sleep, got caught in traffic on 435 for over an hour and STILL not to work.  Very frustrating!

Mistake two:  Called in a sub but needed it cancelled.  I cancelled it in one system but didn't cancel the sub in the other system...short story...I had a sub and was going to lose a 1/2 day of work!!


Kindness 1:  My secretary stayed calm and collected then took care of my sub and fixed my mistake.  WOW!

Kindness 2:  My principal gave me grace and made certain I was able to keep my 1/2 day without consequence.  WOW!


Kindness 3:  My co-workers were patient and helpful as I came into work late and cheered me up!  WOW!


Kindness 4:  Our dog sitters stayed with our less-than-obedient puppies this weekend and didn't take the check we wrote them!  They wanted us to use it toward our adoption.  WOW!


Kindness 5:  Friends from Sunday school mentioned our garage sale to their parents and we picked up items tonight.  They also asked many questions about our situation and said they would pray for us.  WOW!


Kindness 6:  My dear friend has offered to help us fund raise on her own time using her own resources.  WOW!

Kindness 7:  My parents are coming into town early to help us with the garage sale including set up, selling caramel corn, cookies/brownies, making and selling bracelets.  So far they have put many hours and prayers into this effort...WOW!

Kindness 8:  Friends from church are inviting us over for dinner (WOW) and donating car loads of items.  WOW!

Kindness 9: A friend from church created a hand-made card and wrote me an encouraging and much-needed note.  WOW!

Kindness 10:  Another donation today!:)  Thank you for all your many prayers and words of encouragment.  WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment