What time is it in Ukraine?

Ukraine

Friday, November 12, 2010

Experiencing God

We are doing a study in our Sunday School class named Experiencing God.  Last week's lesson stood out to me in many ways.  The beginning story was entitled "God as Provider".  I related to the man in the story because I keep asking myself "How in the world will God make this provision?".  Here is a quote from the lesson that struck me.
"Then it dawned on me, that as long as God knew where I was, He could cause anyone in the world to know where I was.  As long as He knew our situation He could place our need on the heart of anybody He chose." - Blackaby  
God knows where I am right now and where a child without a family is at this very moment.  God also knows we have a garage full of items for sale on a rainy, cold weekend!  I don't know why trust is so hard, and how doubt creeps in so easily, but I am reminded through this study and through real experiences that God is in this situation.  He has a plan to form forever families for children and for parents throughout the world.  "He is a able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20


Praise God for my parents who came into town a day early to help set up and go without sleep!  Who also have organized and moved items, made meals, and even did a load of laundry!
Praise God for friends who bake brownies, baby chocolates, sort clothes, borrow out their truck, their donations, and for words of encouragement and especially prayer!
Praise God for a husband who works so late to continue getting the paperwork sorted, faxed, and organized!
Praise God for our Little Bottorff...he is already loved and I can't wait to tell him all the stories about how his mommy and daddy are loved by so many!
God has a perfect plan and I am excited to see how this story unfolds and I know all of you are a part of this story with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment